Why is the CELTA the one ‘must-do’ course?
Look for any job abroad and you are bound to come across the Cambridge CELTA listed as one of the basic requirements.
There are so many very good reasons for this!
- The CELTA Certificate is recognised by employers worldwide
- As a trainee you go through a rigorous selection process
- Employers know you have been taught how to teach using your course-book as well as from material you have designed yourself!
- You have had plenty of opportunities to teach live classses (as opposed to online certificates which do not include teaching practicums)
- You were taught at a recognised centre by Cambridge approved tutors who have appropriate training qualifications and experience
- Each and every course is inspected for quality and moderated by Cambridge appointed assessors.
How many online cheap TEFL courses do you know that can offer so many guarantees?
|CCELTA Online PT or FT*||CELTA in Athens|
* Both our part time fully online courses as well as our intensive (FT) fully online courses combine synchronous/live online seminars and classes for teaching practice but they also include study materials which you can access and work with at your own pace and at times convenient to you!
Please note that the study material has been created by Cambridge and is available from the Cambridge online platform only
All CELTA courses include 6 hours of Teaching Practice per trainee – this means you will teach 8 lessons of 45 minutes each with two different classes of adult learners, pre-intermediate and upper intermediate. Our learners come from far and wide giving you a truly international experience!
Why you should do your CELTA with us!
We have been operating as a teacher education centre since 1993 and are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all the teacher training programmes we design or supervise. So far, we have trained more than 1000 candidates on the CELTA and our pass rate is 100%
CELT Athens is an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre for the Cambridge DELTA and has been running Cambridge Diploma level courses since 1993. We have been running Delta courses online since 2014 with all input delivered fully online.
We guarantee excellence in
- quality of tutor input and support
- a rich and varied ELT library with all the books you need for your background reading with a lifetime library membership for our trainees
- fantastic teaching facilities at our new centre with all the necessary tech including IWB’s (interactive whiteboards)
- online support with special access to resources and self-access study materials
- job support through our online closed community
- course options available -full-time, part-time and online options so you can choose the best option for your nee
- a strong alumni community and an international network of peers
- a strong presence in all social media and online communities of ELT professionals through community work, volunteering, blogging and more!
Last but not least, our Centre Director, Marisa Constantinides, is an international blogger, conference speaker and materials designer, who has put together a great team of CELTA trainers. Read our reviews and testimonies from our trainees here
How to get accepted
Many candidates worry that they do not know anything about teaching. Please do not! The CELTA course is for teachers who have no teaching experience although many teachers without training or a formal teaching qualification also find it useful.
Ideally you should:
- have a standard of education equivalent to that required for entry into higher education
- be aged 18 or over
- have a standard of English which will enable you to teach a range of levels including advanced classes
- You may still be accepted if you do not have formal qualifications at this level but can demonstrate that you would be likely to complete the course successfully.
Your standard of English should be C1 or higher in oder to help you do well on the course as you will be required to teach both higher and lower levels in your teaching assessments.
If you do not know your level, do take our free placement test here, then write to us to let us know so we can give you your results. Both native and non-native speakers are accepted on the course and both are expected to have a level of education, language awareness and competence in English which will enable them to deal with all aspects of the assessment in a successful way.
Click here for dates and tuition fees
Follow these instructions to apply:
- Download our Application Form and return completed to email@example.com
- Complete the pre-interview task, a short language assessment which we will send you
- Email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange a date and time when you can attend an online interview with a course tutor.
- If accepted, pay in your deposit to confirm your place, and begin your pre-course preparation tasks given to you by the centre.
If your course is assessed online as it now, during the time of the Covid-19 pandemic, you will be asked to attend a short course to help you deal with the technical aspects to teaching online. This course is free of charge.
What can I do to prepare for my course?
Our tutorial team has put together a free website which anyone wishing to apply to follow a CELTA can try to improve their language level on their own or with a colleague. Ask us for details once you apply. The results of solitary/individual work vary – some individuals may do well, others may benefit by attending our English for Teachers course.
Cambridge ESOL has published a handbook which includes all the regulations and syllabus of the course. We have included it on the page in case you wish to read it before you apply. Click here to download the cambridge CELTA Syllabus Document
* The Cambridge Syllabus is in pdf format. Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from this link.
Send us an email from this page
If you email us from this page, do check your spam folder and enable all messages from celt.edu.gr