Why you should do your CELTA with us!
CELT Athens is an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre and has been running TEFL courses from Certificate to Diploma level courses since 1989. Since then we have trained more than 4000 teachers in the private and public sector.
Experience – Quality – Creativity – Top Tutors – Top Reputation
We guarantee excellence in:
- Quality of tutor input and support; please check our tutor profiles and qualifications here & trainee reviews here.
- A rich and varied ELT library with all the books you need for your background reading.
- Unparalleled online support with special access to resources, self-access & study materials;
- Fantastic teaching facilities with all the necessary tech including IWB’s, access to Wifi, library & Common Room for our trainees – we are in the heart of the city centre.
- Job support through our online closed community – during and after your course
- A variety of course options and start dates available
- A strong alumni community and an international network of peers – we are a connected centre, with a strong presence through publications and conference presentations in person or online.
- A free short course on Teaching Languages Online which will give you an extra certificate.
Find out all about our various course options
Part time or Semi – Intensive?
Course Type 1
Part Time Courses
Our part time fully online course is completed over a period of 10-12 weeks depending on the time of year and the number of participants. Click here for dates
Interactive meetings on Zoom are held usually on one full morning or afternoon every week (e.g. Fridays a.m. or Mondays p.m.) and for 6 hours each time. The time and days of the live interactive sessions depends on our candidates’ time zones – there is a lot of flexibility on this – and, of course, availability of volunteer students.
This course option is ideal for working teachers who have a full teaching schedule but can set time aside for study and planning lessons. We estimate an average of 5-6 hours per week for coursework plus additional hours for lesson planning and attending the live sessions. The course is suited to working teachers but requires you to set aside a minimum of about 15 hours per week for attendance, study and planning.
Course Type 2
This is a full time course completed over 6 weeks but it has been organised in such a way that you do not need to be in a Zoom meeting all day every day of the week. We call this a semi-intensive course to distinguish it from the all day attendance Monday-Friday which is typical of our in-Athens intensive courses.
Live sessions are on two full days a week a.m. or p.m. (for approximately 5 hours each time) for the following:
This is a great option if you are not yet teaching or, if you are, you should choose it if you have a very light teaching schedule. We estimate an average of about 10 hours working independently on the course content, plus additional hours lesson planning and assignment writing. The 6-week course can be quite demanding and it is difficult to follow if you are also working. you will need to set a minimum of about 25 hours per week for attendance, study and planning.
Follow these instructions to apply:
- Download the Application Form for the CELTA and return completed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A member of our team will send you the ‘pre-interview task’ this is a pre-course written assessment.
- Complete the assessment in your own time (offline in your own time) and email it to i
- Arrange a date and time when you can attend the interview with the course tutor.
If you are accepted and offered a place on the course, we will inform you of the payment plan for your course option.
Important note on certification and validation
Some candidates often express concern about their certification after completing an online CELTA course as there are countries that do not accept certificates which have been obtained online. Cambridge English Teaching has responded that a CELTA Certificate obtained online has exactly the same recognition and value as the one obtained by attending an in-person courses. In our experience to date, none of our online candidates who have been awarded the CELTA certificate from an online course have ever had problems with employers, however, it would be wise to check if currently employed.
If you are worried about teaching online
Not a problem!!! Candidates for fully online CELTA courses are invited to also follow our Teaching Languages Online Course completely free of charge and get a second Certificate!
COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE
This course is taught by distance (asynchronously) and aims to familiarise candidates with the tools needed for online teaching. Teaching assessments on this course will be done online in a Zoom classroom, so it is quite important that they begin their teaching assessments online with confidence and sufficient know-how about the technical requirements and tools available to online teachers. Click here for more details. These extra training hours will be offered free of charge to all applicants and an extra Certificate of attendance will be awarded to those who undertake to complete the course assignments. Take advantage of this great opportunity to attend a course taught by experienced online tutors.
Send us an email from this page for more information:
Please complete the form below to send us an email from this page
N.B. If you do send us an email and are waiting for an answer, do check your spam folder and enable all messages from celt.edu.gr as our messages may end up there.
Connect with us
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece Tel +30 210 3301202| +30 6974965437 E-mail: email@example.com