…And my nominations for the Edublog Awards 2009 are:
Best individual blog
- Karenne Sylvester’s Kalinagoenglish http://kalinago.blogspot.com/
- Gavin Dudeney’s ThatS’Life http://slife.dudeney.com/
Best individual tweeter
- Shelly Terrell http://twitter.com/ShellTerrell
Best new blog
- Ken Wilson’s Blog http://kenwilsonelt.wordpress.com/
- Digital Play http://digitalplay.info/blog/
Best class blog
Christina Markoulaki http://markaki-students.blogspot.com/ (Maria Markaki Language School)
Best resource sharing blogs
- Larry Ferlazzo’s http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/
- Nik Peachy’s Quick Shout http://quickshout.blogspot.com/
- Nik Peachy’s Daily English Activities http://daily-english-activities.blogspot.com/
Most influential tweet / series of tweets / tweet based discussion
Best teacher blog
- Teacher Reboot Camp by Shelly Terrell
- Burcu Akyol’s Blog http://burcuakyol.com/
- Nergiz Kern’s Teaching in Second Life
Best educational tech support blog
- All of Nik Peachy’s blogs
- Carol Rainbow http://carol-carolrb.blogspot.com/
Best elearning / corporate education blog
- British COuncil BBC Teaching English Blogs http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/
Best educational use of audio
- Randall’s ESL Listening Lab http://www.esl-lab.com/index.htm
Best educational use of video / visual
- Nik Peachy’s YouTube Video Tutorials http://www.youtube.com/NikPeachey
- Russell Stannard’s Teacher Training Videos http://www.teachertrainingvideos.com/
- Teachers’ TV http://www.teachers.tv/
Best educational wiki
- Ozge Karaoglu’s Educational Wiki http://ozgekaraoglu.wikispaces.com/
Best educational use of a social networking service
- Educators PLN Ning http://edupln.ning.com/
- EFL Classroom 2.o http://eflclassroom.ning.com/
Best educational use of a virtual world
- Henry G. Widdowson http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Widdowson
Categories: Blog Post
Thanks for the nomination! I love Randall’s listening lab and forgot this one unfortunately. There are so many great ones to choose from! What is the Teacher Tv link?
Was in a rush to finish and send off 🙂
Will put in later… http://www.teachers.tv/
Thanks very much for the nomination… though I’m not as prolific as Karenne, I can shout louder 🙂
I should thank you Gavin for letting me come to Slanguages 2009 – the rest is her story…
That is not the reason I nominated your blog though nor why it’s in my top..well, two….:-)
And educational change does not come about by being all sweetness and light.
Just asking out of curiosity: Has any blog or wiki relating to teaching and learning foreign languages got into the top 20 in previous years? I know of some great blogs relating to teaching foreign languages in the UK but they seem to be read by quite a small group of people. Here are a few examples:
Hi Graham, I looked at the previous years and it seems that this is the first time wikis are up for nominations.
Thanks for comprehensive list!
A belated thanks for the nomination!
Too late to say thank you, but I couldn’t help it! I don’t know how this post of yours had escaped my attention. So… thank you Marisa, I am deeply grateful!
P.S. Another big thank you for reminding me to take part in the ‘Personal Learning Networks’ EU Project. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to squeeze it in my tight schedule!