Follow this advanced course intended for prospective or practising Teachers of English who wish to develop and enhance their language knowledge and skills to the high level required of competent TEFL ELT professionals.
It’s a great course for non-native speaking teachers who want to raise their level of English in order to follow internationally recognised programmes such as the Cambridge CELTA and/or Delta but whose language proficiency level has been found somewhat lower than the entry level requirements.
Cambridge identifies the following levels for teachers
The course covers both formal aspects of grammar and syntax, as well as appropriate use of language structures, functions and vocabulary.
To see which levels are required for each Cambridge course, please download the Cambridge competency statements here
What language knowledge and skills do teachers need?
Teachers need excellence in the following areas:
- They need to be both accurate and fluent with ability to use everyday colloquial language and be able to use language idiomatically
- They need to be able to provide good models of spoken and written English
- They need to be able to identify and correct language errors their learners have made as well as be able to explain to learners what the problem is and why it is wrong.
- They need to develop professionally by
- reading professional books and journals
- listening to lectures
- participating in seminars
- participating in conferences and workshops.
- presenting in conferences and workshops
- They need new literacies for using the internet
- to research language
- to find appropriate materials
- to supplement or replace their coursebooks
- to design their own materials
Main Areas Covered
On this course, you will
The course cycle comprises 120 hours of contact via webinars, as well as additional hours of self-access study. It is usually organised as a part-time course during the school year.
Online Course – Seminars are held on line in a virtual classroom, so the same topics and number of contact hours are covered as with the face-to-class,.
To participate on an online course, you need to have access to the web and a fast connection, a headset, a webcam and (ideally) a PC or laptop with a good graphics card.
The course is offered in a virtual classroom where you will be able to see and talk to the course tutor and other course participants. All you need is a PC or laptop with a fast connection and a headset (a camera is not necessary but it would be great if you had one) and you can follow the course from the comfort of your own home!
The course will be offered at different time zones. The application form allows you to indicate times convenient to you.
September 4 – November 6 2021
Who can apply to attend
All applicants must have completed their secondary level education and have a level of English that allows them to follow the course. This is determined by an internally set examination and personal interview.
The course is suitable for both native and non-native English TEFL teachers.
Tuition fees are 800 euros for a 120 hour online course and can be paid via bank transfer or PayPal
N.B. Based on needs analysis and pre-testing, shorter versions of this course are possible.
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202| E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send us an email from this page
If you send us an email, do please check your spam folder and enable all messages from celt.edu.gr as our messages may end up there.