CELT is primarily a TEFL training centre, dedicated to teacher development and to the pursuit of excellence in foreign language education in the private and public sectors. Our list of online courses is getting longer and more impressive every year. We thought it would be a good idea to put them all on one page for you so you could review your options and choose a course that fits your needs, your experience and your work and life plans.
Are you Ready for Online Learning?
Online learning is here to stay and is beginning to replace hundreds of thousands of contact hours of instruction. If you would like to learn more, participate in our research and read some useful blog posts, scroll down to the bottom of the page and follow the links.
For new teachers or colleagues without a TEFL certificate – A blended course completed part time online.
There is no other teaching certificate mentioned as much the Cambridge CELT now offered online as well, giving working teachers a chance to complete the coursework in a more flexible way.
- Are you a working professional who cannot take four weeks off work to follow a face-to-face CELTA course?
- Are you unable to take more than two weeks off to do your CELTA teaching practicum?
- Are you comfortable working with online resources?
- Do you learn better when studying at your own pace?
If you answered ‘yes’ to all or most of the questions above, then the online CELTA course may be the best choice for you.
The CELTA Online is flexible and accessible: you can access the online materials at any time, giving you the flexibility to plan your CELTA work around your other professional and personal commitments.
For experienced teachers with a CELTA or equivalent TEFL certificate
- Part time; 24 weeks online & 4 weeks in Athens
We offer two courses every year, one beginning in the fall, late October and one in the winter term. This course option is ideal for working teachers who
- cannot get away for the 8 weeks of the intensive course
- prefer a part time course which allows them to work and study
- are not overly fond of studying without any contact with tutors Our online live classroom is fully interactive with audio and video available for every single trainee, not just for the tutor, and training is in synchronous mode. In our live classroom, you can talk, chat and interact, do group work and collaborative activities just as if you were in our physical classroom at CELT in Athens!!!!
You can follow the integrated 3-modules course or take the course module by module
- Read more …
This course aims to prepare candidates who wish to take the Delta assessment by preparing Module by Module – one step at a time. In order to take the exam, it is advised that you follow a course such as the one organised by our centre, or an integrated course which covers all three modules. The course syllabus and description of the examination and its content can be reviewed in the Cambridge Handbook for all modules which you can read online here or download and read offline. In any case, in order to follow a Module 2 course, rather than an integrated Delta course, at our centre, we require that you have taken and passed Module 1.
Management Skills are indispensable in language teaching and learning and the effectiveness of these skills directly impacts the quality of language education, the soundness of your language programme and the satisfaction level of both students and faculty in the language classroom.
The course is delivered via Moodle, an asynchronous LMS (Learning Management System), which means that you will be able to log in and complete your coursework whenever you can. There is no set timetable for this although it is expected that you will need to put in a total of of at least 50-60 hours of individual work to complete tasks set by your course leader and to write up your Module 3 extended assignment.
This is a course highly suited to teachers who have already completed their basic training and wish to specialise in teaching young learners.
The course also accepts teachers without prior training who would like to to use this course as a short introduction to the methods and techniques of Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
N.B. Delta candidates who need a course for the YL specialism should scroll down to the end of the page for additional information
Become a teacher trainer and pass on your expertise
- Are you an experienced teacher of English?
- Have you already followed at least a CELTA
- Have you obtained a Delta or done some post graduate work?
- Do you have excellent classroom teaching skills?
- Is your level of English at a sufficiently high level?
Teaching learners online, through distance/blended learning (DL)
Will face-to-face teaching be replaced by online teaching?
Teachers who work online are becoming more and more common and much of our training and development has now started being offered online as well!!!
How you will benefit from this course
Teaching online involves a skillset which teachers need over and above their knowledge of language, analysis, skills development and pedagogical principles governing teaching a foreign language.
This course will prepare you to be a more skilled teacher and will help you acquire confidence and criteria for choosing and using the best applications and tools for your teaching.
- Are you thinking of following a CELTA or a DELTA course and are not certain about your knowledge of the Grammar of English?
- Are you able to spot mistakes in other people’s speech or writing but are unable to explain why something is wrong or what the rule is?
This may be the right course for you whether you are a native or a non-native speaker of English.
This is an advanced course intended for prospective or practising Teachers of English who wish to develop and enhance their language knowledge and skills to the high level required of competent TEFL ELT professionals.
It’s a great course for non-native speaking teachers who want to raise their level of English in order to follow internationally recognised programmes such as the Cambridge CELTA and/or Delta but whose language proficiency level has been found somewhat lower than the entry level requirements.
- Different platforms for online courses Explains the different online spaces we use on our Distance Delta course – post by Marisa Constantinides
- Online Teacher Development Works Best – 15 Reasons Why A great post outlining the benefits of online teacher development work – post by Nik Peachey
- Are you Ready to be an Online Teacher? This post leads to a research questionnaire which will help us understand more about what teachers need and want. – post by Marisa Constantinides
- Braving it in the Virtual World: Being an Online Teacher Report of a presentation delivered at the TESOL Greece Conference – some notes and videos as well as a link to the slides. – by Marisa Constantinides
For more information – points of contact
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202| E-mail: email@example.com