Delivered Fully Online in our Live Interactive Classroom
This is a course highly suited to teachers who have already completed their basic training and wish to specialise in teaching young learners.
The course also accepts teachers without prior training who would like to to use this course as a short introduction to the methods and techniques of Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
N.B. Delta candidates who need a course for the YL specialism should scroll down to the end of the page for additional information
What you will learn on this course:
The programme covers all the basic areas of methodology with a sharp focus on the young learner. Participants will learn a variety of teaching approaches and techniques for the following areas:
- How to introduce and practise new vocabulary
- How to teach young learners patterns of language
- How to use stories, dialogues and games to improve their language skills
- How to introduce children to reading and writing
- How to plan effective and motivating lessons
- How to develop your pupils’ oral skills
- How to use theatre & drama to animate your coursebook
- How to use class readers and big books
- How to organise arts and crafts work and projects for display
- How to manage young classes and maintain good discipline
- How to use audio visual aids effectively in your teaching
- How to integrate educational technology in your lessons
- Digital literacies and E-safety
You will also have the opportunity to observe young classes on videos such as the one above, analyse the lessons and learn to improve your own teaching skills.
As a course participant, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional topics from a list which will, in part, create a course that will fit your needs.
The course covers a wide spectrum of age ranges, from very young learners to teens but the bulk of the focus on a particular age range usually depends on the participants and their preferences.
Assessment & Certification
Trainees are assessed through a Practical Teaching Assignment. This involves writing a lesson plan for a young class or a theme-based materials design project.
Trainees who attend the course fully and complete their assignment receive a Certificate of Attainment.
Please complete and return the application form by clicking here: TEYL
Tuition for the course is 250 euros and includes
- 20 contact hours online in our fully interactive online classroom where you will also have the opportunity to meet and interact with teachers from other parts of the world.
- Free materials downloads and access to the recordings of the live interactive classes
- Free membership to resources and materials that you can use freely with your young learners
- Networking with the student body of our institution which includes teachers, directors of studies and materials writers, teacher trainers from all over the world.
- Assessment and comments on final project
- Certificate of Attendance & Accomplishment
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online/ Part time
For more information – points of contact
Centre for English Language & Training, 3, G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202| E-mail: email@example.com
Subscribe to our YL mailing list by clicking here
* Note for Cambridge Delta Candidates
This is a course useful to candidates who would like to write a Module 3 assignments on the topic of Young Learners and is offered separately to both internal and external candidates. Internal candidates will also have covered input needed for this assignment, however, external candidates will have to register through our module 3 page for support and tutorials – tuition in that case will be a total of 600 euros plus 110 in Cambridge assessment fees.