Teaching Young & Very Young Learners is now fully online!
This is a highly suitable course for those teachers who have already completed their basic training and wish to specialize in teaching young learners between the ages of 5-11. The course also accepts teachers without prior training who would like to to use this courseas a short introduction to TEYL.
What you will learn on this course:
The programme covers all the basic areas of methodology with a sharp focus on the young learner. Teachers will learn a variety of techniques for the following areas:
- How to introduce and practise new vocabulary
- How to teach young learners patterns of language
- How to use stories, dialogues and games to improve their language skills
- How to introduce children to reading and writing
- How to plan effective and motivating lessons
- How to develop your pupils’ oral skills
- How to use theatre & drama to animate your coursebook
- How to use class readers and big books
- How to organise arts and crafts work and projects for display
- How to manage young classes and maintain good discipline
- How to use audio visual aids effectively in your teaching
- How to integrate educational technology in your lessons
- Digital literacies and E-safety
You will also have the opportunity to observe young classes on videos such as the one above, analyse the lessons and learn to improve your own teaching skills.
As a course participant, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional topics from a list which will, in part, create a course that will fit your needs.
Trainees who attend the course fully and complete their assignment receive a Certificate of Attainment.
Please complete and return the application form by clicking here: Application Form TEYL.
Tuition for the 8 week online course is 400 euros. Your tuition includes
- 24 contact hours online with Marisa Constantinides, the main course tutor for the YL course
- Free materials downloads and access to the recordings of the live interactive classes
- free membership to resources and materials that you can use freely with your young learners
- networking with the student body of our institution which includes teachers, directors of studies and materials writers, teacher trainers from all over the world.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org