Why choose an one-to-one or tailor made language programme
Group courses are not the answer to everyone’s needs. If group lessons cannot fully respond to your needs or the demands of your schedule, a one-to-one course may be the most efficient and economical solution in the long run. In a course of this type, the tutor can concentrate on your individual needs and, usually, you need less than half the time for each level than you would in a group course.
Some Case Studies
- You already live in Greece and have quite a lot of vocabulary and expressions which you can use for your day-to-day communication, but your reading and writing skills may be poor.
- You learnt Greek as a mother tongue (through your parents) but your schooling was in English or another Language; you have little or no reading and writing abilities.
- You are a business person operating from Greece and need to be able to use language typical in business situations, meetings and negotiations
- You are a diplomat and although you may be a beginner, you need to learn a variety of Modern Greek which is suitable for use in formal situations
- You are going to be in Greece for a short stay and would like to make the most of your one or two weeks in order to begin or improve your Greek
Range of Programmes available
One-to one programmes can be arranged for general purpose Greek or for Special Courses (e.g. Business Greek or Ancient Greek). Hourly rates start at 30 euros for general Modern Greek courses (levels A-B). These courses can be arranged throughout the year even at your own office or company premises. Tuition for these courses can be viewed here.
The topic areas mentioned above are just an indication of what the types of courses that we can undertake to design and teach. Specially designed courses entirely tailored to your job or interest needs, e.g. music terminology or legal terminology, are possible. And, of course, being a teacher education centre, we are very interested in helping teachers of Modern Greek whose native language is other than Greek, to improve their level to that required of a professional teacher.
Tuition fees above refer to classes which can be organised part-time or full-time if you plan to visit Greece for one or two weeks and take the opportunity to begin or improve your Greek.
Please let us know how many units (hours) you wish to follow and we shall send you an offer.
Lesson length: 50 minutes
Minimum Age: We offer lessons to adults but also to children.
- Materials design
- Museum visit
- Internet access
- Self Access Work with CD ROM, Greek films, internet
- One, two or three day excursions with meals included (from €150)
- Greek music lessons (€50 per hour)
- Greek dance lessons (€30 per hour)
- Greek cookery lessons (€60 per lesson)
- Athens sightseeing tour (€60-100)
- Airport transfer by taxi (€60 each way)
For further information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B. An administrative fee of 100 Euros applies to overseas students requiring help with accommodation or obtaining a visa (non-EU residents).
One-to-one General & Special Courses Tuition fees in euros.
- Tuition fees include all materials designed by experienced CELT tutors who are also experienced and highly qualified teachers and teacher trainers
- Placement testing, needs analysis and exit testing to verify progress are also included in our tuition fees.
- Payment schedule on one-to-one courses depends n the length and duration for each programme and is agreed per case
- Discounts offered above are valid only for students who attend their courses either at CELT Athens or in our online interactive classroom.
- Hourly rates above are valid for one-to-one lessons only. In the case of two or three students, tuition is not divided but are still much lower than for one person. E.g. for a Proficiency preparation course of 3- 4 students, each individual student would pay 15-18 euros per hour.
- We do not charge extra for registration but if you plan to visit Athens for your course, an administration free of 100 euros applies for help with accommodation or obtaining a visa.
To check our tuition fees in any currency you wish, please go to: XE.com Personal Currency Assistant