Are you interested in teaching English as a foreign language? The Cambridge CELTA & DELTA courses offered at our centre in Athens and online are designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed as a certified English teacher. Our courses are accredited by Cambridge English Language Assessment and recognized worldwide, making them a highly valuable credential for teaching English abroad.
Our experienced trainers will guide you through a rigorous curriculum that covers all aspects of English language teaching, including lesson planning, classroom management, language analysis, and assessment. You’ll also have the opportunity to gain practical teaching experience through several observed teaching practice sessions with real students.
Upon completion of a CELTA or DELTA course, you’ll be equipped with the tools and techniques needed to excel in your English teaching career. Whether you’re looking to teach English abroad or in your home country, a Cambridge qualification is highly regarded by employers and opens up many opportunities in the field and can step up your career in many different directions.
Experience – Quality – Creativity – Top Tutors – Top Reputation
Face-to-face or online, at CELT Athens, we offer a supportive and engaging learning environment, with small class sizes and personalized attention from our trainers. Our trainee reviews testify to this
Our centre is conveniently located in the heart of Athens, with easy access to public transportation and a range of cultural attractions.
In addition, CELT Athens tutors have been running online courses since 2012 and have wide experience of running and supporting online instruction. Our
CELT has been operating as a teacher education centre since 1989 and is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all its teacher training programmes. It’s a top teacher education centre worldwide with an alumni list of more than 4000 candidates in all our teacher education courses.
CELT is an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre for the Cambridge DELTA since 1989 and for CELTA since 2006. Since 2006, we have trained more than 1000 candidates on the CELTA course and our pass rate is 100%.
We guarantee excellence in:
- Quality of tutor input and support; please check our tutor profiles and qualifications here. Our team of international tutors has experience of supporting teachers from all over the world and linguistic and cultural diversity which enriches our training and relationships with our learners.
- A rich and varied ELT library with all the books you need for your background reading with a lifetime library membership for our trainees
- Fantastic teaching facilities at our new centre with all the necessary tech including IWB’s (interactive whiteboards), access to Wifi, library and Common Room for our trainees and access to local restaurants and shops – we are in the heart of the city centre.
- Unparalleled online support with special access to resources and self-access study materials
- Job support through our online closed community – during and after your course.
- A variety of course options and start dates available – full-time or part-time in Athens, fully online or, even, mixed mode/ blended online, with some of the teaching assessments online and some in Athens. It has never been easier to choose the best option for your needs!
- A strong alumni community and an international network of peers – we are a connected centre, with a strong presence through publications and conference presentations in person or online. Our presentations page will provide you with a multitude of links highlighting our reputation in the ELT community and our publications which are listed on the tutors’ page speak for themselves.
- A strong presence in all social media and online communities of ELT professionals through community work, volunteering, blogging and more! Our centre director was even nominated and was a finalist in the prestigious ELTons Awards for her work in creating and moderating free professional development for teachers on Twitter. Our Centre Director, Marisa Constantinides, is an international blogger, conference speaker and materials designer, who has put together a great team of CELTA trainers. Read our reviews and testimonies from our trainees here
CELT Athens is firmly committed to the principle of open and equal opportunity for all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, and belief. This principle is promoted in all functions of our centre, including selection of and assessment of performance of tutors, assessors and candidates which is based solely on professionally relevant criteria. Our centre is also open to and equipped to accept candidates who may be temporarily or permanently disabled.
TEFL Courses – Teacher Training & Development
Our courses include the Cambridge CELTA Certificate course as well as a range of other courses, from English for English Language Teachers & Grammar for English Language Teachers preparatory programmes for TEFL teachers to the post-graduate Cambridge Delta Diploma. But apart from these two flagship courses which have built our great reputation as a centre, we also offer a variety of shorter course options as well as workshops and consultation services for language centres. Please click on link to find out a summary of all our TEFL Courses To date, we have trained more than 2,500 Foreign Language teachers, directors of studies and administrators and have worked with the private as well as the state school sector. CELT trainees come from many countries (the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, S.Africa and more) as well as from Greece. They come to CELT to start or develop their teaching careers ; many currently hold posts of responsibility in Greece and overseas.
The Cambridge CELTA Online
For new teachers or colleagues without a TEFL certificate – Click here for more
There is no other teaching certificate mentioned as much the Cambridge CELTA in all the job postings on the web. The course leading to this Teaching Award is taken
annually by more than 10,000 teachers worldwide – some are completely new to the profession and some seek it as proof of training even though they may be quite experienced. Read all about it here and find out how you, too can obtain it at our centre.
- The Fully Online CELTA – part time or full time: All the input/content for this course is offered by distance on the Cambridge online platform and teaching assessments are held on Zoom.
- The Blended CELTA – part time only: All the input/content for this course is offered by distance on the Cambridge online platform but teaching assessments are held in Athens
- The CELTA in Athens – Part time or Intensive in 4 weeks We offer 3-mornings a week courses or one-day per week Saturday courses to part time trainees apart from our classic 4 week in person courses in Athens
The Cambridge Delta Online
For experienced teachers with a CELTA or equivalent TEFL certificate – Click here for more
More experienced teachers who wish to consolidate their career and take on positions of responsibility as Directors of Studies, Academic Managers, Teacher Trainers and more usually look at the Cambridge Delta as the basic foundation in that direction. Most of the higher positions advertised today specifically mention the Delta as one of the requirements. You can find out all about the options we offer if you visit the introductory page linked here, General Information about the Cambridge Delta or, try to look for the option you prefer from the menu below:
- Module 1 Part time Online FULL course This is a course run entirely by distance – candidates can take the Module 1 written test anywhere near their home where it can be administered.
- All Modules Part time Fully Online course You can complete our integrated course within one academic or calendar year with 24 weeks of live/interactive sessions online (modules 1 & 2) and individual tutorial support (module 3)
- Module 2 Part time Fully Online Course Follow our Module 2 course fully online in 20 weeks
- Module 3 via individual tutorial or add-on course for the ELT Management Specialism
Our centre has been offering Diplomas as far back as 1989 and our tutors are amongst the most experienced in the ELT profession.
These are shorter courses for those who would like to upgrade their language skills or grammar knowledge before a CELTA or Delta course. The new demand for online instruction
Short Specialism Online Courses
These short courses are offered online via Moodle and can be taken as standalone courses or as part of the Cambridge Delta Diploma, leading to research and an assignment which may include the design of a Syllabus (Extending Practice and ELT Specialism ) or a proposal for an innovation in ELT Management (ELTM Specialism).
- Teaching young learners (YL)
- English Language Teaching Management (ELTM)
- Teaching learners online, through distance/blended learning (DL)
Bespoke Courses & Workshops for Schools & Associations
Our centre has a long tradition of delivering a variety of courses from Cambridge programmes to tailor made workshops and and seminars or mini-courses for schools and associations; for a diversity of individual teachers’ needs as well as institutional needs. We invite you to review our regularly offered courses below and through our other pages.
In addition, we have great design capabilities and have worked with schools, companies and school associations deliveringbespoke courses for a wide range of needs – from teaching exam classes, to training teachers of Modern Languages (German, French & Italian), Directors of Studies and foreign language school owners.
Please get in touch for a proposal that responds to your teachers’ needs – our practical sessions can be offered face-to-face or online.
English for Adults
CELT Athens is a specialist centre in teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults. We offer a wide variety of tailor made programmes for companies and individuals. Click here for information on our one-to-one courses and on our Corporate courses.
English is the Lingua Franca of the modern world.
And it is not just the language spoken in the British Isles or the United States, but spoken and used all over the world, as a first language alone, it is used in more than 100 countries in the world It is not surprising that everyone wants to be able to speak this language to some degree.Check out our course options – online or offline!!
- – General Purpose English for Adults
- – English for Professionals
- – Levels – Dates – Tuition Fees
- – One-to-one courses
CELT offers general and Business Greek courses organised mainly in Athens or online; every summer, a two-week immersion course is organised on a Greek island. Click here for more information, levels, dates and tuition.
Where you can find us
Recently relocated to new, more spacious premises, you can find us in the heart of Athens, a city with so much to see and do!
Our centre is within easy reach of multiple means of transport and just two metro stops away from the Acropolis and the surrounding area, Plaka, the old city quarter of Athens at the foot of the Acropolis and just 30 mins away from some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean.
Connect with us
CELT Athens, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3301202| +30 6974965437 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org