The face to face CELTA is offered as either a part-time course over 12-16 weeks or as an intensive, full-time course completed over 4 weeks.
Face to face courses are suitable for people who live in or near Athens or for international student-teachers who are able to come and spend at least four weeks in Athens, ideal for anyone who wants to take advantage of our superb location to also have a great summer break before or after their course!!!
Full-time CELTA courses
Completed over 4 weeks in Athens
Full time courses are usually completed over four weeks and they are offered throughout the academic year as well as in the summer months. We normally run 5-6 such courses every year and our trainees come from around the globe. Attendance is every day during weekdays (Monday to Friday); it is an all-day attendance course, usually from 09:00 – 17:00.
Part-time CELTA courses
Completed over 12 or 16 weeks in Athens
This is a course option usually offered with start dates in October and January. There are two attendance choices to accommodate candidates working different schedules.
- Weekdays: with sessions on three mornings per week (half-day sessions 10:00 – 14.00). These sessions are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (fall term) or on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays (winter term) although the centre is flexible if most applicants wish to have their sessions on alternate mornings or times.
- Saturdays only – once a week on Saturdays (all-day sessions). If you are currently in full time employment and live in or near Athens, this part-time CELTA which allows you to complete the course at a more relaxed pace, may well be the best choice for you.
Each course option poses its own demands; full time courses are highly intensive but you are very focused on the content and your progress and you are done in just four weeks.
Part time courses can be equally demanding if you are working a full time job but, if teaching, they can give you the opportunity to start trying out ideas with your classes. Which one is the best option for you is, of course, up to you to decide but if you apply and are invited to a personal interview, the course tutor will be able to advise you and help you decide on the best course option. CELTA courses require 100% attendance, so do please study the course options carefully and select the one which is best for you and that you can commit fully to for its duration
- Download the Application Form for the CELTA and return completed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the same email if you have queries or would like to talk to one of our tutors.
- A member of our team will send you the ‘pre-interview task’ this is a pre-course written assessment.
- Complete the assessment in your own time (offline in your own time) and email it to email@example.com
- Arrange a date and time when you can attend the interview with the course tutor.
If you are accepted and offered a place on the course, a tutor will inform you of the payment plan for your course option.
What can I do to prepare for my course?
Free CELTA preparation website: Our tutorial team has put together a free website which anyone wishing to apply to follow a CELTA can try to improve their language level on their own or with a colleague.
Cambridge ESOL has published a handbook which includes all the regulations and syllabus of the course. We have included it on the page in case you wish to read it before you apply.
* The Cambridge Syllabus is in pdf format. Acrobat Reader can be downloaded here.
School Details – Athens
The centre is situated in the heart of Athens and is easily accessible from every part of the city. It has been an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre since 1993. The centre is especially supportive of its trainees, and offers:
- Spacious, air-conditioned classrooms fully equipped with interactive whiteboards and wi-fi access.
- Multilingual classes of adults where our candidates can observe and be observed while teaching.
- Excellent pre/while/post course support through a special CELTA community dedicated to continuous professional development (and, of course, finding jobs!)
- Free wi-fi access and use of PC’s or laptops for lesson preparation and materials design
- An excellent ELT dedicated library and resources, which have all received high praise by all Cambridge Assessors.
- Furnished studio flats are available from 400-500 Euros per month (water, electricity & wifi charges included). Early booking is advised for this option.
- For a furnished room in a flat shared with one or two other trainees, rentals from 350 per room per month (including all bills as above) is usual. Of course, it is also possible to find accommodation on your own through one of the many sites that offer this service.
If none of these course options are suited to your needs or timetable of work, please consider our Online CELTA.
Connect with us
CELT Athens, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3301202| +30 6974965437 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org