* Cambridge has just announced that assessments for candidates who register on courses until the summer fo 2021 will be able to conduct their teaching assessments, both internal and external via remote obser
Α course taught by distance with Module 2 teaching assessments online
This is great news for people who are halfway through their Module 2 assessments and those registering now – register if you
- cannot get away for the 6 or 8 weeks of an intensive course
- prefer a part time course which allows you to work and study
- prefer a synchronous course in which you have direct contact with tutors in live class via video and audio.
Our online live classroom is fully interactive with audio and video available for every single trainee, not just for the tutor, and training is in synchronous mode. In our live classroom, you can talk, chat and interact, do group work and collaborative activities just as if you were in our physical classroom.
Online for the first 24 weeks & mode of work
The online course is a part-time one and covers input for Modules 2 for candidates who have, ideally, either taken and passed Module 1 or are about to take the exam for Module 1. The course Input is taught via webinars in our high-tech online classroom. Every week, two 90-minute sessions are taught over one or two days. Times vary from course to course depending on participants’ time zones.
During the course, all the basic/core input will be covered and candidates are expected to complete three background assignments in preparation for their teaching assessments which will be assessed internally. The last – 4th – such assignment to be assessed externally will take place in May.
During the course, candidates must:
- teach a diagnostic lesson and four assessed lessons
- observe 10 hours of lessons – some on video, some live
- teach an Experimental lesson and report on its success
- complete and submit all written assignments
- Our online course provision is offered via webinars in an online classroom, in which candidates attend live synchronous sessions with their course tutors and fellow course participants. The input sessions, workshops and tutorials cover the syllabus of all three modules in an integrated fashion.
- The tutor and participants use webcams and microphones as well as text chat, and the VLE is equipped with whiteboards, ability to see handouts, powerpointpresentations, videos, shared screens and send and receive audio and video.
- Candidates can also interact with each other in the webinar room and in special workshop rooms called ‘breakout rooms’ where they can discuss, have workshops and plan/design just as if they were in a the same physical classroom at CELT!
You can pay for your tuition via bank transfer, Western Union, credit card or PayPal. Please contact us for your choice and for details as well as our easier payment schedule in 5-6 instalments.
How to Apply
- Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
- Download the application form (CELT_Athens_Delta_Modules_Application_FormPart Time) and save it in your hard drive.
- Complete it offline in your own time and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange a date and time when you can take your language and methodology screening exam; the written part is timed and takes about 90 minutes to complete; the interview, anywhere between 40 minute and an hour.
Preference is given to teachers with recent and varied classroom teaching experience, related degrees and an initial training qualification such as the Cambridge CELTA. A language analysis and methods assessment is used as part of the selection process.
N.B. Our course intake is usually very small – at our centre you will be one amongst a maximum of 10 participants, not just one face in a horde of trainees.
Requirements for online attendance
Sessions for this online course will be held in Adobe Connect Pro or Zoom, a virtual classroom space which allows trainees to interact with text chat, voice chat and video and collaborate in groups just as if they were in the same room!
To participate in the webinars, you will need a fast connection, a headset with a mouthpiece (not the one you use for your smartphone) and a webcam.
Delta Module 2 Course Dates and tuition
Part Time Online
Module 2 Only Courses
Sessions are one morning or evening per week and for 24 weeks
Times depend on participants’ time zones
More dates will be announced soon for 2021
Authorised teaching awards centre since 1993
For details regarding applications, content or timetable, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com