Face-to-Face – completed over 8 weeks in Athens
Please read the General Introduction to the DELTA first and come back to this page
The Intensive Course in Athens is a full-time course completed over 8 weeks and offered in the summer, fall and winter.
Cambridge Assessment Dates for Modules 1, 2 & 3
There are two exam sessions/periods for Modules 1 & 3, June & December – hence candidates attending summer courses will need to sit Module 1 exams in December or the following June at a centre near them.
There are three exam sessions for Module 2 , June, October & December
Workload during the 8-week course
During your 8 week course you will be
- attending seminars and workshops covering all three modules in an integrated fashion.
- working on your Module 2 assignments and lesson preparation
- teaching assessed and unassessed lessons
- studying towards your Module 1 written exam.
Module 3 assignment writing is usually done after the end of the 8 week course. During this stage, you will be assigned a supervising tutor who will support, review drafts and invite you to a number of online tutorials to support your writing.
Preference is given to teachers with recent and varied classroom teaching experience, related degrees and an initial training qualification such as the Cambridge CELTA. A language analysis and methods assessment is used as part of the selection process.
School Details – Athens
The centre is situated in the heart of Athens and is easily accessible from every part of the city. It ha been an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre since 1993.
The centre is especially supportive to its trainees, and offers:
- Multilingual classes of adults where our candidates can observe and be observed while teaching.
- Excellent pre-, while- and post-course support through a Delta course dedicated wiki with organised links, articles, and resources as well as sample assignments and videotaped seminars for preparation and revision.
- Free internet access and use of PCs for lesson preparation and materials design
- An excellent ELT dedicated library and resources, which have received high praise by all Cambridge Assessors.
Dates & tuition
Cambridge Delta – A Level 7 Qualification
|Intensive face-to-face course in Athens||Full time
8 weeks in Athens
Modules 1, 2 & 3
|June 11 –August 10 2018
October 8 – December 5 2018
Accommodation Options for the Athens stay (overseas or out-of-town candidates)
Individual furnished flats are available starting at 400 Euros for a month (water, electricity & wifi charges all included). Early booking is advised.
For a furnished room in a flat shared with one or two other students, a rental of 350 per room per month (including all bills as above) is usual. Of course, it is also possible to find accommodation on your own through one of the many sites that offer sublets.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
3. Download the application form (DELTA_intensive ) and save it in your hard drive.
4. Complete it offline in your own time and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Arrange a date and time when you can take your language and methodology screening exam
For details regarding applications, content or timetable, please send an e-mail to:
Have you seen the information on our
online/blended part-time course?
CELT Athens is an authorised teaching awards centre – Check the videos of trainees giving feedback about our centre (sidebar)
Send us an email right from this page!
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202| E-mail: email@example.com
If you have sent us an email and are waiting for an answer, check your spam folder
and enable all messages from celt.edu.gr as our messages may end up there.