Delta Module 1 Courses
This course aims to prepare candidates who wish to take the Delta assessment by preparing Module by Module – one step at a time.
In order to take the exam, it is advised that you follow a course such as the one organised by our centre, or an integrated course which covers all three modules.
The course syllabus and description of the examination and its content can be reviewed in the Cambridge Handbook for all modules which you can read online here or download and read offline.
In any case, in order to follow a Module 2 course, rather than an integrated Delta course, at our centre, we require that you have taken and passed Module 1.
What you will cover in the Module One course
This module focuses on extending and developing candidates’ knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning English in a range of contexts.
The table below gives a brief summary of the content.
|1. Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching
- Historical and current theories of first and second language acquisition
- How these theories influence teaching methodologies.
|2. Different teaching approaches and methodologies, including current developments
- Teaching methodologies, both mainstream and experimental
- The effectiveness of these methodologies in different learning environments.
|3. Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems
- Features of language systems (e.g. meaning, form, pronunciation and use)
- Teaching methodology choices in language systems.
|4. Language skills and learners’ problems
- Features of language skills (e.g. the subskills and strategies needed by learners)
- Teaching methodology choices in language skills.
|5. Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning
- The practical uses of a range of resources in a range of teaching contexts.
|6. Key assessment concepts and terminology
- How to apply key assessment principles, such as validity and reliability, to classroom-based assessment.
You can read also the Delta Syllabus below for full details.
Are you eligible to attend?
Before contacting us, please review the following questions to make sure you meet the criteria:
- Do you have at least one year’s experience of teaching English?
- Is your English good enough to teach at a range of levels? (Minimum CEFRLevel C1–C2 or above.)
You will normally have an initial English language teaching qualification, such as CELTA.
We may still accept you on to a Delta course, if you can demonstrate that you would be likely to complete a course successfully, e.g. by giving evidence of previous successful study.
Where the course is delivered
The course is delivered fully online and input sessions take place in our state-of-the-art online live classroom where you can interact live with your tutor and fellow participants who may be in the same country as you or halfway across the world!!!
To participate in the webinars, you will need a fast connection, a headset and a webcam. A good headset is very important for online learning as input cannot be processed if the sound quality is poor and you are struggling to follow conversations!
You will also have access to other platforms for resources and to communicate with assignment drafts, receive feedback and upload your work.
To see more about what the online platforms we use can do and what they are intended for, please click on this link to watch a short video from an online presentation.
How you will be assessed
The Module One examination consists of two 90-minute papers, with a 30-minute break in between (3 hours 30 minutes in total).
||Marks (% of total)
Labelling, short-answer and longer written responses
Longer written responses
Where you will be assessed
You can sit for the written examination anywhere near your location where CELTA or Delta courses are offered – as an external candidate.
If you are in or near Athens, you can take the written exam at our centre as an internal candidate
N.B. Candidates who take this course and later wish to continue with our Module 2 programme will be given a discount from their Module 2 tuition fees,
Cambridge Delta Module 1 Course Dates
|Online Module 1 only PT
- 15 April – 15 July 2020
- 26 Oct – 12 Mar 2021
How to Apply
- Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
- Download the application form ( Delta Module 1 Application Form ) and save it in your hard drive.
- Complete it offline in your own time and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange a date and time when you can take your language and methodology screening exam
Delta Module 1 Application Form
You can download the information in your hard drive by clicking on the image below
Connect with us
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202| E-mail: info @celt.edu.gr
Please make sure you check your spam folder if expecting a reply from us as emails from addresses of schools often end up there!