For Delta Module 3 Candidates
DELTA candidates for Module 3 who wish to follow this Specialism and work with young or very young learners can follow this course to enrich their knowledge, understanding of the needs and abilities of children of specific age groups as well as familiarise themselves with a wide range of classroom practices. At the end of this course, participants will be supported in writing their assignment; successful candidates will be awarded a DELTA Module 3 Certificate.
What you will learn on this course:
The programme covers all the basic areas of methodology with a sharp focus on the young learner. Teachers will learn a variety of techniques for the following areas:
- How to introduce and practise new vocabulary
- How to teach young learners patterns of language
- How to use stories, dialogues and games to improve their language skills
- How to introduce children to reading and writing
- How to plan effective and motivating lessons
- How to develop your pupils’ oral skills
- How to use theatre & drama to animate your coursebook
- How to use class readers and big books
- How to organise arts and crafts work and projects for display
- How to manage young classes and maintain good discipline
- How to use audio visual aids effectively in your teaching
- How to integrate educational technology in your lessons
- Digital literacies and E-safety
You will also have the opportunity to observe young classes on videos such as the one above, analyse the lessons and learn to improve your own teaching skills.
Trainees who take this course option have to cover additional sessions on
- Introduction to Module 3 Assignments
- Needs Analysis
- Syllabus Design
- Course Planning
- Testing and Evaluation
- Writing your Module 3 assignment
They will also be given extra tutorial support and feedback on drafts of their Module 3 assignment.
Candidates for this specialism will be given access to the CELT Athens DELTA wiki where they will be able to find some related reading but they should also be prepared to purchase some books themselves, especially if they do not have access to the CELT Athens library.
Assessment & Certification
Trainees are assessed through a course planning assignment for a young learner class within one of the following age ranges:
Successful completion of this and submission of a Course Plan will also give you a Cambridge Module 3 .Certificate which is part of the overall Cambridge DELTA Diploma.
Candidates who pass Module 3 Assignment gain a Cambridge Delta Module 3 Certificate which is part of the overall Cambridge Delta Diploma.
To Register & Attend
Please complete and return the application form by clicking here: Application Form TEYL. You are required to have a good USB headset which will make talking to other colleagues and your tutor online a great experience and make it easy for you to follow the webinars.
A webcam is also important so that you can interact with others who will also be on camera.
Tuition for the Delta Module 3 course
600 euros tuition
100 euros in Cambridge assessment fees