Module 3 Option 1 focuses on the classroom and on analysing the needs of a particular group of learners with a view to creating a short syllabus in response to a perceived need or set of needs.
In that sense, this Module gives Delta candidates Needs Analysis and Course Planning Skills which are very much in demand for teachers in positions of responsibility.
List of specialisms for Option 1
Here is a list of the specialisms Cambridgeincludes in the Module 3 Handbook pages.
- Business English (BE)
- Teaching young learners/young adults (specified age group required with 5-year range e.g. 8–13, 14–9) (YL)
- English for Special Purposes (ESP)
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP)
- Teaching examination classes (EX)
- Teaching one-to-one (1to1)
- ESOL learners with literacy needs (ESOL)
- CLIL/Embedded ESOL (teaching English through subject/work-based learning) (CLIL)
- Teaching monolingual classes (MON)
- Teaching multilingual classes (MUL)
- Teaching in an English-speaking environment (ESE)
- Teaching in a non-English-speaking environment. (NESE)
- Teaching learners online, through distance/blended learning (DL)
- Teaching English to learners with special requirements e.g. visual/hearing impairment, dyslexia, ASD (SR)
- Language development for teachers (LDT)
- Language Support (e.g. EAL on mainstream teaching programmes; specialist skills support such as supporting writing needs) (LS)
CELT Athens tutors are able to support most of the Option 1 specialisms and deliver input related to them during online or face-to-face courses or support through individual or group tutorials.
From Option 1, we support all topics apart from Nos 14 and 16.
All options can be supported through course input and individual tutorials during the write up phase.
Our internal candidates are supported at no extra charge – for external candidates we offer distance courses (see links above). You can read more information on how we support by individual tutorial here.
Tuition for external candidates or by-Module candidates is 600 euros plus the Cambridge assessment fee.
Trainees who take this course option have to cover additional sessions on
- Introduction to Module 3 Assignments
- Needs Analysis
- Syllabus Design
- Course Planning
- Testing and Evaluation
- Writing your Module 3 assignment
They will also be given extra tutorial support and feedback on drafts of their Module 3 assignment.
Candidates for this specialism will be given access to the CELT Athens DELTA wiki where they will be able to find some related reading but they should also be prepared to purchase some books themselves, especially if they do not have access to the CELT Athens library.
Assessment & Certification
Trainees are assessed through a course planning assignment for a young learner class within one of the following age ranges:
Successful completion of this and submission of a Course Plan will also give you a Cambridge Module 3 .Certificate which is part of the overall Cambridge DELTA Diploma.
Candidates who pass Module 3 Assignment gain a Cambridge Delta Module 3 Certificate which is part of the overall Cambridge Delta Diploma.
To Register & Attend
Please complete and return the application form by clicking on the link below:
You are required to have a good USB headset which will make talking to other colleagues and your tutor online a great experience and make it easy for you to follow the webinars.
A webcam is also important so that you can interact with others who will also be on camera.
Tuition for the Delta Module 3 course
600 euros tuition
110 euros in Cambridge assessment fees
For more information – points of contact
Centre for English Language & Training, 3, G.Gennadiou Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202| E-mail: email@example.com
Subscribe to our YL mailing list by clicking here
If you have sent us an email and are waiting for an answer, do please check your spam folder and enable all messages from any of our celt.edu.gr email addresses.