all modules MODULE 1 MODULE 2 MODULE 3 DATEs &tuition
This course aims to prepare candidates who wish to take the Delta assessment by preparing Module by Module – one step at a time. In order to take the exam, it is advised that you follow a course such as the one organised by our centre, or an integrated course which covers all three modules. The course syllabus and description of the examination and its content can be viewed embedded at the end of this page.
N.B. To follow a Module 2 course, rather than an integrated Delta course, at our centre, we require that you have taken and passed Module 1.
What you will cover in the Module One course
This module focuses on extending and developing candidates’ knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning English in a range of contexts. Below, you will find the main areas we will be covering during our 24-week part time online course.
Topics & Content
- Theoretical perspectives on language acquisition and language teaching
- Historical and current theories of first and second language acquisition
- How these theories influence teaching methodologies.
- Different teaching approaches and methodologies, including current developments
- Teaching methodologies, both mainstream and experimental
- The effectiveness of these methodologies in different learning environments.
- Language systems and learners’ linguistic problems
- Features of language systems (e.g. meaning, form, pronunciation and use)
- Teaching methodology choices in language systems.
- Language skills and learners’ problems
- Features of language skills (e.g. the subskills and strategies needed by learners)
- Teaching methodology choices in language skills.
- Knowledge of resources, materials and reference sources for language learning
- The practical uses of a range of resources in a range of teaching contexts.
- Key assessment concepts and terminology
- How to apply key assessment principles, such as validity and reliability, to classroom-based assessment.
And of course, Exam Practice!!!!
Course Offerings & Tuition
Apart from our 24-week module 1 standalone course (or as part of our integrated programme), we also accept independent candidates on our 4-week courses which we offer closer to the exam. These courses focus on exam practice only and do not cover the main content in the live sessions, although candidates may find useful revision units within our online Learning platform which they also have access to.
Tuition for the full course is 800 euros – for the 4 week exam primer, the fee is 150 euros. The Cambridge exam fee is 160 euros
Here is are the dates for our upcoming exam primer course which is useful to candidates who have been studying on their own.
The deadline for entries for the June exams is April so if interested in taking the exam in Athens, you should contact us even before you apply for this short course.
Are you eligible to attend?
Before contacting us, please review the following questions to make sure you meet the criteria:
- Do you have at least one year’s experience of teaching English?
- Is your English good enough to teach at a range of levels? (Minimum CEFR Level C1–C2 or above.)
- You will normally have an initial English language teaching qualification, such as CELTA.
If you do not have all the above qualifications, we may still accept you on the DELTA if you can demonstrate that you would be likely to complete a course successfully.
Where the course is delivered
The course is delivered fully online and input sessions take place in our state-of-the-art online live classroom where you can interact live with your tutor and fellow participants who may be in the same country as you or halfway across the world!!! To participate in the webinars, you will need a fast connection, a headset and a webcam. A good headset is very important for online learning as input cannot be processed if the sound quality is poor and you are struggling to follow conversations! You will also have access to other platforms for resources and to communicate with assignment drafts, receive feedback and upload your work. To see more about what the online platforms we use can do and what they are intended for, please click on this link to watch a short video from an online presentation.
How you will be assessed