The face to face CELTA is offered as either a part-time course over 12-16 weeks or as an intensive, full-time course completed over 4 weeks. Face to face courses are suitable for people who live in or near Athens or for international student-teachers who are able to come and spend at least four weeks in Athens, an ideal location in Europe to follow this great course.
Each course option poses its own demands; full time courses are highly intensive but you are very focused on the content and your progress and you are done in just four weeks.
Part time courses can be equally demanding if you are working a full time job but, if teaching, they can give you the opportunity to start trying out ideas with your classes.
Which one is the best option for you?
CELTA courses require 100% attendance, so do please study the course options carefully and select the one which is best for you and that you can commit fully to for its duration.
Full-time CELTA courses
Completed over 4 weeks in Athens
Full time courses are completed over four weeks and they are offered throughout the academic year as well as in the summer months.
We normally run 5-6 such courses every year and our trainees come from around the globe.
Attendance is every day during weekdays (Monday to Friday); it is all-day attendance, usually from 10:00 – 18:30.
If you cannot manage an Athens stay for more than two weeks, then you may want to consider the online CELTA instead.
Part-time CELTA courses
Completed over 12 or 16 weeks in Athens
This is a course option usually offered with start dates in October and January. There are two attendance choices to accommodate candidates working different schedules.
- Weekdays:with sessions on three mornings per week(half-day sessions 10:00 – 14.00)These sessions are offered on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (fall term) or on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays (winter term) although the centre is flexible if most applicants wish to follow on alternate mornings.
- Saturdays only – once a week on Saturdays (all-day sessions). If you are currently in full time employment and live in or near Athens, this part-time CELTA which allows you to complete the course at a more relaxed pace, may well be the best choice for you.
School Details – Athens
The centre is situated in the heart of Athens and is easily accessible from every part of the city. It has been an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre since 1993. The centre is especially supportive of its trainees, and offers:
- Fully equipped spacious classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
- Multilingual classes of adults where our candidates can observe and be observed while teaching.
- Excellent pre-, while- and post-course support through a CELTA course dedicated wiki with organised links, articles, and resources.
- Free internet access and use of PCs for lesson preparation and materials design
- An excellent ELT dedicated library and resources, which have received high praise by all Cambridge Assessors.
Dates & Tuition Fees for face-to-face courses in Athens
Dates & Tuition at a Glance!
4 week courses
Full time – intensive in-Athens courses
Part-time in-Athens courses
Weekdays – 3 mornings a week 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Saturdays – one day a week 10 a.m. – 19:00
You can pay for your tuition via bank transfer, PayPal or credit card; please ask for the payment plan that suits you
NB. Cambridge assessment fees(€160 for all f-2-f courses) are not included in tuition costs above
Tuition and Cambridge assessment fees must be paid up as follows
- Full time courses
Full payment is expected up to one month in advance of the start of the course;
- Part time courses
A deposit of €460 is expected upon acceptance to confirm your place. The balance can be paid in three monthly instalments of €300 payable in the first five days of each month.
To check our tuition fees in any currency you wish, visit XE.com Personal Currency Assistant
Furnished studio flats are available starting at 400-500 Euros per month (water, electricity & wifi charges included). Early booking is advised for this option
For a furnished room in a flat shared with one or two other trainees, a rental of 350 per room per month (including all bills as above) is usual.
Of course, it is also possible to find accommodation on your own through one of the many sites that offer this service.
Follow these instructions to apply:
- Download the CELTA application form and return completed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the same email if you have queries or would like to talk to one of our tutors.
- A member of our team will send you the ‘pre-interview task’ this is a pre-course written assessment.
- Complete the assessment in your own time (offline in your own time) and email it to email@example.com
- Arrange a date and time when you can attend the interview with the course tutor.
If you are accepted and offered a place on the course, a tutor will inform you of the payment plan for your course option.
What can I do to prepare for my course?
Our tutorial team has put together a free website which anyone wishing to apply to follow a CELTA can try to improve their language level on their own or with a colleague.
The results of solitary/individual work vary – some individuals may do well, others may benefit by attending our Language for Teaching improvement course.
* The Cambridge Syllabus is in pdf format. Acrobat Reader can be downloaded from here.