Nationals of Australia, Canada, all EU countries, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and the USA can stay and study in Greece for up to three months without a visa (90 days).
All other nationals will require a visa. For more information please click here.
If you need a Visa
In order to obtain a visa for the duration of your studies in Athens, you need to provide your local Greek Embassy or Consulate with the following two documents along with any other documentation they will ask you to bring, such as your passport, verification of employment in your country of residence. In addition, you may be asked to provide verification from a bank that you have sufficient funds to be able to finance your stay in Greece.
Documents to submit to any Greek Consulate abroad
- A letter of Acceptance* to follow your course with the dates of your course clearly indicated, your Passport Number, residence address and work address (physical addresses, not P.O.Box addresses).
- An Accommodation Voucher* from the hotel or renting company verifying you have booked and paid for your accommodation fully prior to arriving in Athens
- Financial information will also be asked by the Greek Embassy or Consulate; for Schengen visas so please make sure you can provide a bank account statement, in which you show enough funds to finance your stay in Greece.
- Verification of employment in your host country.
- Your passport
- Your air tickets with travel dates same as on your acceptance letter and accommodation voucher .
CELT Athens will provide with your Letter of Acceptance on condition that you have been accepted and paid for your tuition and any assessment fees required (e.g. in the case of Cambridge CELTA or DELTA courses) fully.An administration fee of 50 euros may be charged if you require further help with your visa issuing or finding accommodation.
If you need help with finding accommodation, please complete the relevant field in your application form and we shall e-mail you information about what is currently available. The following options are available
- Furnished room in a shared flat
Access to a small number (7) of furnished rooms which we help organise. Room rates are from 300 euros per month. Please note that some accommodation providers may also request a refundable security deposit. Free wifi and air-conditioning is available in all these rooms and the price includes weekly cleaning and change of bedlinen and towels. Photos from one of the rooms below:
2. Hotels A single room in a modest hotel starts at about 50 Euros per day but if you research through booking.com or trivago.com better deals are available – but not usually during the summer months (high season for Greece). There is a great variety of hotels (and prices) in the centre of Athens. The rooms are usually air-conditioned.
3. Stay in Athens provides shared accommodation – your own room in a small flat – with other students, mainly Erasmus scholars and they are quite reasonably priced. CELT tends to recommend this company because they have a good number of flats available and many of them are within walking distance of our centre. For a price between 250-350 per month, you get a room with basic furnishings (bring your own towels & bedlinen), shared kitchen and bathroom. The flat is usually shared with one or two more Erasmus scholars or students on scholarships studying in Athens. The price includes water and electricity bills and wi-fi. Most flats have air-conditioning. You can review these flats and make your own booking by visiting the Stay in Athens website, or ask CELT to help you with the booking.
4. Booking.com is where you may be able to find a flat or a hotel
5. AirBnB offers a variety of furnished flats and studios – the selection on our link is for the centre of Athens
6. Learn4Good List of some accommodations for students
|Athens Survival Guide How to get around in Athens|
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadioy Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202|
If you send us an email and are waiting for an answer, do check your spam folder and enable all messages from celt.edu.gr as our messages may end up there.