Nationals of Australia, Canada, all EU countries, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and the USA can stay and study in Greece for up to three months without a visa (90 days).
All other nationals will require a visa. For more information please click here.
If you need a Visa
In order to obtain a visa for the duration of your studies in Athens, you need to provide your local Greek Embassy or Consulate with the following two documents along with any other documentation they will ask you to bring, such as your passport, verification of employment in your country of residence. In addition, you may be asked to provide verification from a bank that you have sufficient funds to be able to finance your stay in Greece.
- A letter of Acceptance to follow your course with the dates of your course clearly indicated, your Passport Number, residence address and work address (physical addresses, not P.O.Box addresses).
- An Accommodation Voucher from the hotel or renting company verifying you have booked and paid for your accommodation fully prior to arriving in Athens
- Financial information will also be asked by the Greek Embassy or Consulate; for Schengen visas so please make sure you can provide this.
- Verification of employment in your host country.
CELT Athens will provide with your Letter of Acceptance on condition that you have been accepted and paid for your tuition and any assessment fees required (e.g. in the case of Cambridge CELTA or DELTA courses) fully.
An administration fee of 50 euros is charged if you require a visa and help to find accommodation.
If you need help with finding accommodation, please complete the relevant field in your application form and we shall e-mail you information about what is currently available. The following options are available
- Furnished room in a shared flat
The rooms are rented for short leases by a local student accommodation service called Stay in Athens and are quite reasonably priced. CELT tends to recommend this company because they have a good number of flats available and many of them are within walking distance of our centre. For a price between 250-350 per month, you get a room with basic furnishings (bring your own towels & bedlinen), shared kitchen and bathroom. The flat is usually shared with one or two more Erasmus scholars or students on scholarships studying in Athens. The price includes water and electricity bills and wi-fi. Most flats have air-conditioning. You can review these flats and make your own booking by visiting the Stay in Athens website, or ask CELT to help you with the booking.
A single room in a modest hotel starts at about 50 Euros per day. There is a great variety of hotels (and prices) in the centre of Athens. The rooms are usually air-conditioned. Please check the links on the right hand column for more information. Check
N.B. please get in touch for access to a small number of furnished rooms which we help organise
Find your own accommodation
- Stay in Athens provides shared accommodation – your own room in a small flat – with other students, mainly Erasmus scholars.
- Booking.com is where you may be able to find a flat or a hotel
- AirBnB offers a variety of furnished flats and studios – the selection on our link is for the centre of Athens
- Learn4Good List of some accommodations for students
|Athens Survival Guide How to get around in Athens|
Centre for English Language & Training, 3 G.Gennadioy Street, 106 78 Athens, Greece
Tel +30 210 3302406 | +30 210 3301455 | Fax +30 210 3301202|