The Cambridge Delta
The Diploma – Status & Recognition
The Cambridge DELTA Diploma is a professional qualification at level 7 as regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) on the Qualifications and Credit Framework and given premium product endorsement by NEAS in Australia. It is postgraduate in level and although it is not a Masters on its own, most UK universities will give Delta holders exemptions and credits on their MA courses related to the subject of teaching English, Linguistics or Applied Linguistics. You can view the list of exemptions on several UK M.A. programmes here.
In the Cambridge Teaching Qualifications Framework, the Delta is at the level of Proficient to Expert Teacher.
Career development value
After the CELTA, the Cambridge Delta is one of the most sought after and well-respected qualifications internationally. It is recognised by all British Universities and is fast becoming a prerequisite for some of the most interesting jobs in our field all over the world. Delta holders find themselves eligible for more interesting careers including positions as Directors of Studies and Teacher Trainers – the Delta is a basic prerequisite for those seeking to become CELTA trainers.
The three Modules
The course is organised around three modules, each of which is assessed separately. During the last module (Module III) candidates may focus on an area of specialism from a wide range of topics(e.g., Young Learners, ESP, Exam Classes, and many more: a full list is available on request). but covers other needs and age groups of interest to each candidate as well.
To find out more about the syllabus specifications, assignments and examination, please download and read the new syllabus guidelines by clicking here
Applicants must have at least one year’s experience of classroom teaching experience at a variety of level and hold a first degree in English or have appropriate qualifications which allow them to teach in their country; in addition, they should have attended a teacher training programme such as a CELTA, COTE or an equivalent Certificate in TEFL.
Course Options at CELT Athens:
Our centre organises manly integrated courses and we advise candidates to follow such courses rather than by separate module for two reasons
- financial reasons: you save more than 500 euro by doing so
- educational reasons as there is considerable overlap across modules and it is more efficient to take them together at the same centre.
Our integrated Delta course is available as an online/blended part-time course or as an intensive face-to-face course.
Please click on each option to visit the information page and decide which is more suited to your needs and your schedule.
School Details – Athens
CELT has been offering the Delta Diploma since its inception and even before that, we offered the predecessors (DTEFLA & DOTE) since the year 1989!
We do have a lot of experience of preparing candidates for this qualification!
The centre is situated in the heart of Athens and is easily accessible from every part of the city. It has been an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre since 1993.
The centre is especially supportive to its trainees, and offers:
- Multilingual classes of adults where our candidates can observe and be observed while teaching.
- Excellent pre-, while- and post-course support through a Delta course dedicated wiki with organised links, articles, and resources as well as sample assignments and videotaped seminars for preparation and revision.
- Free internet access and use of PCs for lesson preparation and materials design
- The school also has an excellent library and resources, which have received high praise by all Cambridge Assessors.
How to Apply
- Download the CELT_Athens_Delta_Modules_Application_Form and save it in your hard drive
- Complete it offline in your own time and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send in a lesson plan you have recently written for one of your classes (not for a course you attended)
- Arrange a date and time when you can take your language and methodology screening exam
- If offered a place on the course, you will be invited to pay in your deposit a
Send us an email from this page
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]