The Cambridge Delta
The Diploma – Status & Recognition
The Cambridge DELTA Diploma is a professional qualification at level 7 as regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) on the Qualifications and Credit Framework and given premium product endorsement by NEAS in Australia. It is postgraduate in level and although it is not a Masters on its own, most UK universities will give Delta holders exemptions and credits on their MA courses related to the subject of teaching English, Linguistics or Applied Linguistics. You can view the list of exemptions on several UK M.A. programmes here.
In the Cambridge Teaching Qualifications Framework, the Delta is at the level of Proficient to Expert Teacher.
Career development value
After the CELTA, the Cambridge Delta is one of the most sought after and well-respected qualifications internationally. It is recognised by all British Universities and is fast becoming a prerequisite for some of the most interesting jobs in our field all over the world. Delta holders find themselves eligible for more interesting careers including positions as Directors of Studies and Teacher Trainers – the Delta is a basic prerequisite for those seeking to become CELTA trainers.
The three Modules
The course is organised around three modules, each of which is assessed separately. During the last module (Module III) candidates may focus on an area of specialism from a wide range of topics(e.g., Young Learners, ESP, Exam Classes, and many more: a full list is available on request). but covers other needs and age groups of interest to each candidate as well.
To find out more about the syllabus specifications, assignments and examination, please download and read the new syllabus guidelines by clicking here
Applicants must have at least one year’s experience of classroom teaching experience at a variety of level and hold a first degree in English or have appropriate qualifications which allow them to teach in their country; in addition, they should have attended a teacher training programme such as a CELTA, COTE or an equivalent Certificate in TEFL.
Course Options at CELT Athens:
Our centre organises mainly integrated courses and we advise candidates to follow such courses rather than by separate module for two reasons:
- Financial: you save more than 500 euro by doing so
- Educational; there is considerable overlap across modules and it is more efficient to take them together at the same centre.
If you are afraid of the workload, which is fully understandable, as DELTA candidates are usually highly experience and very busy teachers, simply take in the input but space your assessment over a few months, For example, follow the course and complete your module 1, then after the end of the course, write your assignments.
Our integrated Delta course is available as an online/blended part-time course or as an intensive face-to-face course. Please click on each option to visit the information page and decide which is more suited to your needs and your schedule.
Why you should do your DELTA with us!
CELT Athens is an Authorised Cambridge Teaching Awards Centre for the Cambridge DELTA and has been running Diploma level courses since 1989. We have been running Delta courses online since 2014 and have the advantage of long and relevant experience running CELTA courses face to face and online.
We guarantee excellence in:
- Quality of tutor input and support; please check our tutor profiles and qualifications here. Our team of international tutors has experience of supporting teachers from all over the world and linguistic and cultural diversity which enriches our training and relationships with our learners.
- A rich and varied ELT library with all the books you need for your background reading with a lifetime library membership for our trainees
- Fantastic teaching facilities at our new centre with all the necessary tech including IWB’s (interactive whiteboards), access to Wifi, library and Common Room for our trainees and access to local restaurants and shops – we are in the heart of the city centre.
- Unparalleled online support with special access to resources and self-access study materials
- Job support through our online closed community – during and after your course.
- A variety of course options and start dates available – full-time or part-time in Athens, fully online or, even, mixed mode/ blended online, with some of the teaching assessments online and some in Athens. It has never been easier to choose the best option for your needs!
- A strong alumni community and an international network of peers – we are a connected centre, with a strong presence through publications and conference presentations in person or online. Our presentations page will provide you with a multitude of links highlighting our reputation in the ELT community and our publications which are listed on the tutors’ page speak for themselves.
- A strong presence in all social media and online communities of ELT professionals through community work, volunteering, blogging and more! Our centre director was even nominated and was a finalist in the prestigious ELTons Awards for her work in creating and moderating free professional development for teachers on Twitter. Our Centre Director, Marisa Constantinides, is an international blogger, conference speaker and materials designer, who has put together a great team of CELTA trainers. Read our reviews and test
How to Apply
- Download the CELT_Athens_Delta_Modules_Application_Form and save it in your hard drive
- Complete it offline in your own time and email it to email@example.com
- Send in a lesson plan you have recently written for one of your classes (not for a course you attended)
- Arrange a date and time when you can take your language and methodology screening exam
- Attend a personal interview with the course director who will let you know if you are accepted immediately after your interview.
- If offered a place on the course, you will be invited to pay in your deposit, join our learning platforms to begin your study and preparation for the course.
Send us an email from this page
[wpforms id=”20184″ title=”false”